"Missing Home" Series

From the previous post, I hope to imply that food is not just about food per se.


In this series, I would introduce a dish every week, sharing with everyone the attachment I have with it: what, where, when, who, why, how. And of course, together with a link to a recipe, either personally tested or not.

Most of these food would be found all over Malaysia, essentially Malaysian food that is second to none. The food presented here may not be the typical popular food in Malaysia, but the food I grew up with and absolutely love everything about it. Food that I can identify with smell, food that would instantly order if it was served at a food stall back home. And of course, for some, can hardly be bought, instead I would have to request my grandmother to prepare it and she would do so lovingly. Hers is the best!

This is not so for the first dish: the quintessential curry laksa.

PHOTO from rasamalaysia.com


0 comments: